- The main objective of Prācyā, annual journal of the Department of Sanskrit, is to promote research in Sanskrit and Indological Studies.
- This multi-lingual (Assamese, English, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit) publication will accommodate papers from contributor(s) having research value.
- The papers will be accepted for publication after being reviewed by experts in the respective areas. The Editor is not responsible for views and opinions expressed in the articles.
- The contributor must provide a declaration that his/her paper has not been published in any other journal.
- If the author has quoted more than 500 words/a table/a figure from a published work, in the article, reference should be elaborately mentioned.
- An abstract in English not exceeding 150 words composed both in Microsoft Word & PDF format shall be submitted along with.
- Sanskrit & Hindi text must be typed in ADOBE PAGEMAKER format and the font should preferably be KRUTI DEV 010 (for Sanskrit & Hindi) and GEETANJALI ( for Assamese & Bengali) Manuscripts in other font for these languages will not be accepted. An English subtitle of the topic must be provided.
- English text must be in Times New Roman (12pt) font.
- Length of the paper can be 5-8 pages in A-4 size.
- Digital Text may be sent through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If selected for publication the contributors will need to pay the publication fee of the journal, in case subscription has not been made earlier.
- References should be given at the end of the text and will be furnished in the following order. Author's name, Name of the book, Vol, Page no.
- Bibliography should be in the following order :-
(a) Original work
- Atharvaveda, Translated by Keshada Mahanta, 1st Edition, 2004, Publication Board of Assam, Guwahati
(b) Modern work
- Patnaik, Tandra: A Study of Bhartrhari's Philosophy of Language, New Delhi, D.K.Printworld,1994.
An article that fulfils preliminary requirements will be processed for review, which could take up to 2-3 months. All articles are reviewed by experts. Blind Review is carried out of the papers. The Papers are published only if recommended by Reviewing Experts.
The criteria for reviewing articles are:
- Methodology (for research articles )
- Contribution to knowledge
- Contemporary relevance
- Logic in analysis
- Appropriateness of references
The author owns the copyright of the article until the article is accepted for publication. After the acceptance communication, the copyright of the article is owned by the Prācyā
. It should not be reproduced elsewhere without the written permission of the Chief Editor of the Journal.